Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Have You Seen the Sign? --By Shawn Shapiro

What do you think of when you think of Real Estate agents signs on a lawn? Words that come to my mind are: “Big”, “Bright”, “Explanatory” and “Written”. What have we come to know from these signs? First off we have come to understand that the information they convey from open houses to how you can reach the agent. What though, if there was more a sign could do? Crazy you say? I would have thought so too until last week when I saw a seemingly similar sign that blew my mind and changed how I looked at real estate signs forever!


It was 6:30 pm on Thursday May 6th, 2010 and I was driving in a car in the Bayview and Sheppard area. As our car passed by the houses we looked at all the signs that announced houses “For “Sale” or “Sold”.



There was one house that was different though. On the sign there was a button. Curiosity was on our side as we got out of the car and pressed the sign. To our astonishment it was a recording welcoming people to the house and giving information about the house. Our faces were struck with amazement? WOW! Yes, it seems simple and it does seem like the viable next trend but I just was not expecting it.

We quickly got back into the car and went up and down the streets searching for another talking sign. Was this one just a anomaly or are there more out there?



I ask, Have you seen this sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment